Do you feel self-conscious about your breath? In some cases, odors in your mouth are caused by bacteria that are caused by an underlying condition. If you have chronic halitosis, or bad breath, you should talk with your dentist. Here are some things your dentist may want to know:
– Are you taking any medications that can lead to bad breath as a side effect?
– Is there any plaque buildup on your teeth and gums.
– Do you r use mouthwash or a rinse, or a tongue scraper to help freshen your breath?
– Have you ever suffered from any liver and kidney abnormalities, or respiratory tract infections?
– Are you brushing and flossing your teeth properly?
– Do you wear dentures? If they are not cleaned properly on a daily basis, they can cause bad breath.
– Are your gums swollen, tender, red or receding?
If you would like to schedule an appointment with JP Dental and Implant Center to treat your bad breath, please call Dr. John P. Poovey and the rest of our team in Grand Junction, Colorado at 970-243-2025. It’s never too late to enhance your smile!